Venice masks

Monday 27 May 2024

Indian Ocean - MAB Elhad

string of islands that I shell
I put so much hope in your name.

IOC!

When I hear the spelling of these initials…
I meditate and think of the people
Who swears only by her reputation!

I saw who still believed in the terms
Of an active cooperation
Who avoid inaugurating chrysanthemums,
In this garden of initiatives.

I dare still believe in the well-being of a world,
Where would be banished the arbitrary and poverty
It is in this peaceful zone that I found,
My great ambitions of revolted citizens.

I assert this multiple identity,
Which is ours. And if my language is rainbow,
It is to better greet, Indian Ocean mother.
Sea waves of pleasures;
Where the insularity carries in it, abundance and joy.

MAB Elhad (Mohamed Abderemane Boina Foumou) (Born 1968) Comoros
Translated by Antoisse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.