Venice masks

Thursday 23 May 2024

I wish I was blind - Alesana Kleis Seluka

To see things truly
Of what and who they are
Lament the ability to see
Eyes that are ever so deceitful
To my own mind

Or is it them who deceive my eyes?

I nevertheless hold true their word
With faith to never question
With trust to never waiver

Ami I confusing faith for blindness?

I say the blind hold no faith
No faith of what they see
For they not see
The outline

Do the blind see more than I see?

The ethernal questions are said
As long as I wish to not be able to see
For the wicked ways of the world
And the malevolent methods of man
It goes without question

I wish I was blind.

Alesana Kleis Seluka (20th century) Tuvalu
Source: Tuvalu Proud on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.