Venice masks

Sunday 28 July 2024

When, in the morning, the light is breaking - Cesáreo Gabaráin

When, in the morning, the light is breaking,
My song is waking
with my Creator’s praise.

When evening brings me the peace of sleeping,
I’ll still be keeping a watch of
prayer and praise.

In every moment my joy is swelling,
My thoughts are telling
my great Creator’s praise.

With every pulse that my heart is beating,
I keep repeating my
great Creator’s praise.

Cesáreo Gabaráin (1936 – 1991) Spain
Translated by Mary Louise Bringle
Source: St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Kansas City - 10 March 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.