Venice masks

Friday 22 July 2022

In Response to a Question - Özge Lena

What am I doing? Really?
Do you want the boring answer
Or the naked truth?

The truth is my country is burning.
The truth is we lost our forests.
The truth is the government is doing nothing.
The truth is we are all alone.
The truth is my people are homeless now.
The truth is the flames are in the thermal plant.
The truth is we don’t have any fire planes.
The truth is lots of animals died.
The truth is I am listening to the wild
Screams of the burning animals.

The truth is I am searching the truth
Among the fake news.
The truth is I am writing poems
In a burning world.

The truth is I am burning.

Özge Lena (21st century) Turkey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.