Venice masks

Monday 11 July 2022

Back - Hour Luy

I can’t cry but my heart is bleeding
Laughter sticks in my throat
They have said I must go home
I don’t want to.

How can I go back?
There is no one in my home
If I can’t decide
They will send me back
And I can’t turn back
What shall I do?
They have ordered me,
Forced me.

I am not sure if
I can find my parents
I can’t sleep, I can’t eat
Although I was at school, it was only my body
I feel ill-at-ease and empty.

No one helps me.
Everyone says I have to go back.
Inwardly I don’t want to go.

Hour Luy (20th century) Cambodia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.