Venice masks

Wednesday 15 June 2022

Love - Charles Mwewa

        I long, long                              truly for you
    I miss you,                                     and it is true
 Oh, come                                              be my love
Be mine                                                        to have
 I love you                                                 yes, I do
   My words                                        are too few
     You’re my lif                            my very best
       You have no flaws in you, Oh my dearest
         Your heart, O my lover, is of pure gold
          You’re lovely, so tenderly to behold
            And you shine, brightly like a star
             Yes, truly, so beautiful you are
               Oh, my Darling, you’re fair
                   Indeed,  Oh, how rare
                     You’re on my mind
                       You’re very kind
                         My very treat
                          Cute, sweet
                             Of rest
                              Best!
                                ❤
Charles Mwewa (20th century) Zambia
Source: Poetry - The Best of Charles Mwewa, Charles Mwewa, Africa in Canada Press, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.