Venice masks

Sunday 12 June 2022

Grain of Beauty - Mansour M'henni

Hello! Grain of beauty
Waking at the fountain
Filled with the valley
Splitting the plain

Hello grain of beauty
Hello caressing footprint
Teasing and enchanted
On the hillside
 
Hello grain of beauty
Greedy for my verses
Filled with pleasure
Full of love and eloquence
 
Hello grain of beauty
Hello plural ink
Making us relate
Your eternal history
 
Beauty awakening
To the smell of my verses
To the shade of my trellis
And of my various wishes
Beauty ennobling
All beauty of things
Adorning and filling
All mirrors of roses
 
I wait for your beauty
With which my glass runs over
In its eternity
To recall my verses

Mansour M'henni (born 1950) Tunisia
Translated from the French by Keith Bosley
Source: Banipal No. 39, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.