Venice masks

Monday 2 May 2022

Suicidal Tendencies - Bongiwe Dlamini

I, am pretty.
I am pretty dark, pretty distorted
like those images on your TV Screen
when you lose the signal…pshhht!

Distorted like a surrealist’s painting
I am the mirrored fragments of
my former selves having lost
the significant signal on my silver
I am left disfigured, maimed, wanting.

Darkness has taken possession of my
passions, while the others taunt me
with the magnitude of their sanities.
In sanity the others are!
While I, by death’s antics and theatrics,
am left with the inability to even applaud
their berated visions of self aggrandisement.

Bongiwe Dlamini (born 1973) Mozambique (born in Eswatini)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.