Venice masks

Saturday 28 May 2022

Little Orchard - Sizo Hlophe

Stand there tall beautiful orchard
Your green 
shine to dilate my visions
I have seen you wilt at your worst
And I have seen you ride the tide to flourish

O flourish. Wet my tongue in season
And bank my life's residuals
I share you with the ones that rent a nest
The ones that mourn the day and fly the 
night.

I will never know any more invisible hands
There are the ones that steal a gallon of 
seeds
There are birds that feeds on your fruits' 
juices
Then the ground that hugs you in 
complements

Little Orchard lay a busket on my doorsteps
For I had closely nurtured and nursed your 
buds
Feed my spirit for in you I have self 
fulfilment
In you I am proud to watch and whine 
with the guests,
'beautiful orchard it is'.

Sizo Hlophe (21st century) Eswatini
Source: Poetry Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.