Venice masks

Sunday 15 May 2022

Countless Words In My Heart - Khuliso Musweswe

My Lord, Your works are wonderful
like the wind drives waves of the oceans
Your works drive millions of words out of my heart
like echoes of strong winds, Your works intensify every word uttered by my lips

Like a perennial river, words flow out of my heat
but never fully describe Your beauty
like songs of birds during spring, my heart sings of You,
a new song each morning but they cannot match Your love unto my life

Billions of words conceived by my heart but few are uttered by my lips
for Your greatness is too high to be fully described
I thought these words my lips will speak; but You never cease to make me wonder
for every motion of You brought a new word of praise in my heart

I count the words as my heart acknowledges them
like diversity of spices of an ocean, every word is new
each second is like sand of the ocean which are countless
although my counting is in vain, my heart is filled with joy
for every countless word in my heart are praises to Your name

Khuliso Musweswe (21st century) South Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.