Venice masks

Sunday 7 April 2024

Dear Lord - Azim Razak

Dear Lord
Why is it that those closer to you than me
They who pray five times a day
Every day, without fail

They have hearts that are less open
Minds that do not wish to learn 

Why do they give expecting a return?
Why do they act only when told?

I realize I am far away from you, dear lord.
Please guide me back into your hearth

I understand that I must seek you
For you to help me understand

And that I must be strong, even when I do not see
Smile, even when my spirit is broken

Because I too do what I must
Avoid what I dislike
And try to find a balance between you and the world.

Azim Razak (21st century) Malaysia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.