Venice masks

Tuesday 30 January 2024

I Saw Her Wandering - Francisco Pérez Perdomo

I saw her wandering 
amid the trees that swayed 
and fanned her pale beauty 
as if emerged from a print. 
Magically her tunic 
seemed to dissolve through the air. 
I directed toward her from the depths 
of my memory beautiful and silent 
words. The words crossed 
time and tremulous 
they arrived at her ears that listened 
to my eulogies in the rumours of the past. 
She kept a hermetic silence. An ambiguous 
smile covered her impenetrable semblance.

Francisco Pérez Perdomo (1930 - 2013) Venezuela 
Translated by Guillermo Parra
Source: TYPO Magazine: Venezuelan Poetry: 1921-2001

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.