Venice masks

Wednesday 30 March 2022

The Existential Nothingness of Crabs - Lil Marie Herrera

I make verses in the air
they crackle toward the infinite prophecy.
Crackling.
Crackling.

I dance
building with my feet
a trampoline of clouds
I twirl like a ram
now I am a she-Christ
now, navigator
now face up
now about to expire

My wings levelled
in

a dive

Yesterday, again, I leapt from the Bridge
of the Americas
today I stare at my naked feet
upon the earth

I write plummeting parachute poems
I will not return to the place of butterflies

Lil Marie Herrera (born 1965) Panama
Translated from the Spanish by Lina M. Ferreira C.-V.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.