Venice masks

Friday 18 December 2020

Night - Vicente Huidobro

You hear the night glide across the snow

The song fell down from the trees
And through the fog sounded voices

I lit my cigar at a glance

Every time I open my lips
I flood the void with clouds

                                    In the harbor
The masts are full of nests.

And the wind
                       groans in the birds' wings

     THE WAVES ROCK THE DEAD SHIP

Whistling on the shore I
          Look at the star that glows between my fingers

Vicente Huidobro (1893 - 1948) Chile
Translated by Johannes Beilharz 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.