Venice masks

Sunday 23 April 2023

O Domine Deus - Mary, Queen of Scots

Lord and my Saviour
My hope is in thee; 
Dear Jesus, I pray thee
Deliver thou me; 
In chains that are galling, 
In sorrows appalling,
My will is with thee; 
Lord, look on me kneeling 
And hear my appealing, 
Adoring, imploring 
That I may be free.

Mary, Queen of Scots [Mary Stuart or Mary I of Scotland] (1542 – 1587) Scotland
Translated by Daniel Joseph Donahoe
Source: Early Christian Hymns: Series II. Translations of the Verses of the Most Noted Latin Writers of the Early and Middle Ages, edited by Daniel Joseph Donahoe, Donahoe Publishing Company, 1911

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.