Venice masks

Saturday 11 March 2023

The sun is happy that a sparrow loves its life - John Puhiatau Pule

The sun is happy that a sparrow loves its life.
Branches calm the air down to a smooth solitude.
Energy from my psyche drives the stars
that imitate water when its eyes are wished for.
 
In your heart there is a place I need to live in.
Moisten my body with your quiet coastlines,
blow mouthfuls of mists to circle your jewellery,
paua that is woven into mother of pearl
 
to appear as waves on your soft neck.
My tongue alone has a way to know you.
Your perfume at night keeps my senses tuned.
 
A candle is lit to leave my sadness in its wisdom.
A window is one way to justify happiness.
A light is what I need to see the landscape.

John Puhiatau Pule (born 1962) New Zealand (born on the island of Niue)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.