Venice masks

Wednesday 9 February 2022

What I Am - Undjizuva Kaputjaza

The most precious present ever presented to me
Was this moment
In which I shed a frozen tear
While drowning in a golden sunset.

Here, I discovered that the price of life is not
Expensive, if you pay attention:
So pay attention!

Lightning struck the tree that was my sanctuary
And sparked the birth of me
I am the sun, the source of my energy

The third son of Mother Tree
And brother to he that is,
And she that listens to these chronicles I speak.

As I excavate grains of gold and silver
From crevices in my mental space
And surf my binaural waves
To a place that is, what I am.

Undjizuva Kaputjaza (21st cenury) Namibia
Source: Doek! Issue 4, November, 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.