Venice masks

Wednesday 21 October 2020

My World - Anonymous

Say goodbye to our courtyard.
Tomorrow we’re setting out on the road,
leaving our little courtyard to be demolished.

Our childhood will never return.
The tired dust settles
on the window in mourning for the house.
I draw in it on the glass,
goodbye my little world.

Spring rests on the steps,
there are so many songs and words on spring,
I just want you to blossom –
goodbye mama of the cats.
Trash near the window warms the bones.

The old hut leaned,
I’m in love with this courtyard’s junk,
good trash – I wish you too goodbye.
On the window in mourning for the house

the tired dust settles:
I draw in it on the glass –
goodbye my little world. 

Anonymous child (20th century) Turkmenistan
Translator not stated
Source: Index on Censorship, Volume 35, Issue 3 (2006) [from Sage Publications]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.