Venice masks

Wednesday 6 March 2024

My Dearest Mommie - Lord Cam

She is dead now...but I wish she was still here
To celebrate Mother's Day with her loving son
I'll Take her old clock and a fake cake by her grave with me
And a daffodil or two, I am the child she loved.
I will go in the afternoon and stay till I feel
The frenzy in the beckoning call of the unfriendly cold evening dew
Warning me that it is about time to go
To leave and wander on my journey homeward
And to ponder upon sweet green thoughts of her memories
And celebrate her wondrous life and dedication,
Celebrate another soft kissing anniversary of Mother's Day.

Lord Cam [C. A. Morton and Cam Morton] (born 1959) Nevis
Source: All Poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.