Venice masks

Friday 23 September 2022

Meet - Ryner Lai

Meet me by the river
When the sun sinks into the rising blue
When fatigue lines the faces of men
And the scent of home flickers to life

Meet me by the church
When the bells chime mournfully, softly
When anxious hearts cool in evensong
And the laden heart is young again

Meet me by the fields
When shadows cover the earth
When rest spreads over the land
And the distant wolf howls in requiem

Meet me in your dreams
When the memory of me threatens to overwhelm
Unclench your fist, my love
The dandelions in it long to fly free

Ryner Lai (21st century) Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.