Venice masks

Tuesday 13 September 2022

Love sonnet from the perspective of Rod, a jock mouse who lived on my animal crossing island for 3 months - Jiaqi Kang

My house is blue, inside and out, and I
a purple mouse. The sea and sky are blue
and fish, some bugs, my neighbor Stu: it’s true!!
I’ll miss these colors when I say goodbye
but most of all, my friends, this life, the light
on petals after rain, the music box
that sits outside the shops, the ticks of clocks,
and moths that wander with the ghosts at night.
I’m scared I’ll never feel this way again
without the days that know me well, that trust
in me, a little mouse, to try my best,
to take my pills, to swing my net, and when
I miss the bug I want to catch, adjust:
I gently water plants. I know I’m blessed.

Jiaqi Kang (21st century) Switzerland (currently studying in UK)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.