Venice masks

Saturday 15 January 2022

The Water Mirror - Vicente Huidobro

My mirror, a current in the nights,
Becomes a brook and leaves my room.

My mirror, deeper than the orb
Where all the swans have drowned.

It is a green pool in the rampart
Your fixed nakedness sleeps in its midst.

Over its waves, beneath somnambulant skies,
My dreams draw away as ships.

Standing astern you will always see me singing.
A secret rose is swelling in my breast
And a drunken nightingale flutters on my finger.

Vicente Huidobro (1893 - 1948) Chile
Translated by Jorge García-Gómez
Source: About What (from: Vincente Huidobro, The Poet is a Little God: Creationist Verse, Trans.by Jorge García-Gómez, Xenos Books, 1996)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.