Venice masks

Saturday 11 July 2020

End and Repeat - Alexandru Vakulovski

the road stretches ahead
like a piece of paper
burnt at one end

i’m stuck in the ghetto and only can drive
to the bus
then wander in circles
in my city
thinking of my room
and you

my heart is broken
asleep my breathing sleeps
i tear dogs from my lungs
and wonder how to save them

but really everything is so simple
somewhere or other my dreams collapsed
somewhere the thread snapped
you go back
where i am not allowed
to cross the border
and the only reaction
i can have

is my habitual puke
when i take you to the bus with
the road
burnt at one end

Alexandru Vakulovski (born 1978) Moldova
Translated by Sean Cotter
Source Lyric-Line

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.