Venice masks

Thursday 25 November 2021

First Poem, Possession in Dream - Eunice Odio

Come
Beloved

I will savor you with joy.
You will dream of me tonight.

Your body will end
where the hour of your fertility and agony
begins for me;
and because we exist full of anguish
my love for you is born within your chest,
I love you, to begin with, for your mouth.

Come
We shall dine at the site of my soul.

Before I open myself, I will open my body for you
like the full and uprooted sea
until the twilight of fish.
Because you are beautiful,
my brother,
my eternal sweetness.

Your waist in which the day flickers
filling all things with its scent,

Your decision to love,
suddenly,
pours unexpectedly into my soul,

Your morning sex
where the world's edge rests then lengthens.

Come

I will savor you with joy.

Your voice will be a bouquet of light at my feet.

We will speak of your body
with the purest joy,
like sleepless children at whose side
another child went barely discovered,
and revealed at his incipient arrival,
his future age known completely, without
measure,
in his approaching genital torrent,
endless riverbed, in tightened solitude.

Come
I will savor you with joy.

You will dream of me tonight,
and our mouths will seal the fallen scents.

I will inhabit you with larks and weeks
eternally dark and naked.

Eunice Odio [Catalina Mariel] (1919 - 1974) Mexico (born in Costa Rica)
Translated by Keith Ekiss and Sonia P. Ticas
Source: Keith Ekiss on Earthlink

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.