Venice masks

Wednesday 28 April 2021

The world is for me a tough place - Nadezhda Zaharieva

The world is for me a tough place
But my tenor I choose how to alter:
Live in honour or live in disgrace
Live in dignity or baseness
Live in treason or faithfulness
Live in hatred or strong fondness.
Don't lie to yourself human daughter,
As a wheeze came to me someone's breath,
Of your fate you are not the true holder
Those who can't survive without bread
Choose only life or death.

Nadezhda Zaharieva (born 1944) Bulgaria
Translated by Dimitar Karageorgiev
Source: Slovoto

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.