Venice masks

Saturday 13 April 2019

To my beloved: With my soul in my lips - Medardo Ángel Silva

When you imagine our impassioned love’s flame
inside your chest to be extinguished,
the day you’re without me, my life will be torn from me
only because of you is my life beloved.
Because my thoughts, full of such affection
become your slave in some joyous hour,
far from your pupils, all is as sad as a child
who sleeps dreaming of your cooing accent.
I would be the wind to envelope you in kisses
I want to be all that your hand touches;
to be your smile, to be even your very breath,
all just to be closer to your mouth.
I live by your word, and eternally I hope
to call you mine, like one awaiting a treasure.
far from you the bounds of my love hits home
and kissing your letters, I simply cry.
Forgive me; I don’t have the words with which
to tell you about the ineffable passion that devours me
to express that it is only my love that remains
tearing open my chest, beloved, in your silken hands
I leave my beating heart, which adores you so!

Medardo Ángel Silva (1898 - 1919) Ecuador
Translator not stated
Source: bodyandsoulnourishmentblog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.