Venice masks

Friday 12 April 2019

Remembrance - Mario Battistella

Every week feels so long
when you are not close to me!
I don’t know what superhuman powers
give my life meaning, so far from you.

Now that the light of my hope is dead,
I am like a shipwreck at sea.
I know that I am lost beyond the horizon,
but I just can’t accept that…

Oh…how sad it is to recall
after so much love
the joy that is gone now…
the flower of dreams,
our passion, has wilted…
Oh…forget all my scorn!
Come back, sweet one,
to our love
and once again
our desire will blossom
like that flower…

Mario Battistella (1893 - 1968) Italy
Translated by Derrick Del Pilar
Source: Poesía de gotán: The Poetry of the Tango

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.