Venice masks

Friday 3 November 2017

The Seeing Blindness - Kushal Poddar

We watch the slim women model
for our favorite potato wafers.
What is silence but the crunching incisions?

When I pick up a chip and touch the remote
a circuit completes and a small moth in our head
flatters its wings; sits on different stratums.
There it lays eggs.

You ask me if we began blinding fold by fold.
I see. I see the potatoes sitting on your couch beside mine,
potatoes before the mirrors and the potatoes eating potatoes
as a mass culture.

Then I do not.

Kushal Poddar (born 1977) India
Source: Inertia Magazine, Issue 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.