Venice masks

Friday 10 November 2017

Star-Struck - Nana Olapet Olawumi

I was just a nobody
A girl who sang in a bar
He was a celebrity
Africa's best singer
...won so many awards
I prayed to be like him
One day, while singing one of his songs in a bar
I noticed someone looked intently at me
After the performance, the guy walked up to me
and removed his glasses
wao! it was him - my starstruck
He held my hands, promised to make me a star
He said I sang his song better than he did
I believed him, and that paved way for  a new beginning
My starstruck became my lovestruck

Nana Olapet Olawumi (20th century) Nigeria
Source: AdvocateOlapet (this is her own website/blog)

1 comment:

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.