Venice masks

Saturday, 15 August 2026

War Chant - Kai Uwe Faust

The household wanes,
Vil threw a death wave over those
the oar locks wore out for, with the tired mast-top 
Who brought...
Who brought the horde over to the far country?

The godly-fish from Firnøy’s streams
Swimming in the drift
of the land of shining meadows.

What am I supposed to do
 If I want to talk about peace and understanding
 But you only understand the language of the sword
 What if I want to make you understand that the path you chose leads to downfall
 But you only understand the language of the sword
 What if I want to tell you to leave me and my beloved ones in peace
 But you only understand the language of the sword 

I let the blade do the talking...
 So my tongue shall become iron
 And my words the mighty roar of war
 Revealing my divine anger's arrow shall strike 

All action for the good of all
 I see my reflection in your eyes
 But my new age has just begun 

The sword is soft
 In the fire of the furnace
 It hungers to be hit
 And wants to have a hundred sisters
 In the coldest state of their existence
 They may dance the maddest
 In the morass of the red rain 

Beloved brother enemy
 I sing my sword song for you
 The lullaby of obliteration
 So I can wake up with a smile
 And bliss in my heart
 And bliss in my heart
 And bliss in my heart 

Coexistence, conflict, combat
 Devastation, regeneration, transformation
 That is the best I can do for you 

I see a grey gloom on the horizon
 That promises a powerful sun to rise
 To melt away all moons
 It will make the old fires of purification
 Look like dying embers
 Look like dying embers
 Look like dying embers

Kai Uwe Faust of the band Heilung (21st century) Germany
Translated by Matthews Kottayam
Source: Lyrics Translate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.