How can I tell if your voice is beautiful.
I only know, that it penetrates me
and makes me shake like a leaf
and tears me to shreds and splits me.
What do I know about your skin and limbs.
It makes me tremble that they are yours,
so for me there is no sleep or rest,
till they are mine.
Karin Boye (1900 - 1941) Sweden
Translated by Jenny Nunn
Source: Babel Web Anthology
I only know, that it penetrates me
and makes me shake like a leaf
and tears me to shreds and splits me.
What do I know about your skin and limbs.
It makes me tremble that they are yours,
so for me there is no sleep or rest,
till they are mine.
Karin Boye (1900 - 1941) Sweden
Translated by Jenny Nunn
Source: Babel Web Anthology
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.