Venice masks

Tuesday 29 August 2023

Why an introduction, since you are within me - Mahadevi Verma

Why an introduction dear, you are within me,
    reflections on starry nights, memories of a life,
creations of life in short spells, eyes notice
    creations of life in short spells, eyes notice gentle footsteps!
I don't much to treasure anymore,
you are the treasure I have in me.

Your dazzling, radiant smile like sunrise
is the reflection of fragrant sorrow,
it is consciousness, and dreamy slumber,
    let me tire and sleep incessantly, for
would I understand the creation, big-bang!!

You are drawn, I am just an outline,
    you are the sweet melody, I am just a string of notes,
you are limitless, I am but an illusion of limits,
in the secrecy of real image-reflection,
    why enact to be lovers!!!

Why an introduction, since you are within me.

Mahadevi Verma (1907 - 1987) India
Translator not stated
Source: Umashankar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.