Venice masks

Tuesday 7 January 2020

Discussion of Venus - Robert Schindel

Summery calm the ocean in the creek
I am nothing, but underclouds
Are swallowing the evening star. The morning
Light derails in the eyelash wreaths
Of so many dream digesters
Friends around me

The friends set out
The north slope in front the meadow
The creek crosswise, but I am
No more there
Than I ever did tear
The upper clouds in the water

Ever the ocean, longitudinal
In a single tear of mine. He my
Southern companion, I ever an initiate?
Now the friends are reaching
The citadel ledge up there, one
By one. Waving there, they break

Into dream digestion
Inmidst heavy summer calm. Cotton wool clouds
In the surrounding marsh and at the bottom
My creek my love tent
Moss, embedded in stone, woven into the ever;
Morning star in hair?

Robert Schindel (born 1944) Austria
Translated by Johannes Beilharz
Source: Inspired Poems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.