Venice masks

Saturday 25 January 2020

I am Different - Michele 'Mickey' Hetherington

Nothing fits me, and it’s not about my clothes.
Nothing fits me, and no one even knows.

I am different, though it’s not about my hair.
I am different, and I want someone to care.

I feel lonely that nobody can see
that I’m lonely because I am me.

I can’t just change into something that will fit,
I am different and that’s all there is to it.

I hope that one day you will see,
just how sad being different can be,

I wonder, will there ever be
a place for me.

Michele 'Mickey' Hetherington (20th century) Australia
Source: Creative Spirits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.