Venice masks

Saturday 23 March 2019

My Country- My Maldives - Aminath Neena

The beauty of splashing waves
Caress my homeland
Loving the stretch of white gold
Pure and innocent motherland
The breeze unties the pony tails
Of the lavish coconut palms
Whistling a song
In their delicate ears
The song of our forefathers
Echo all the way across
The earth may hold a thousand splendors
But you fiddle with my heartstrings
Like no such others
And as we await
For this upcoming glorious occasion
Let us all make a solemn pledge
Kindle a flame of salvation
Of unity and love
And keep it burning for the future generation
Let us stick together as the shoals of fish
Roaming in our deep seas
I love thee so much my mother
And I am so proud of you
My Country- My Maldives

Aminath Neena (20th century) Maldives
Source: PoemHunter

2 comments:

  1. love the way Maldives "beauty" is portrayed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you please post the summary of this poem. So it is easy to understand .

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.