Venice masks

Thursday 31 August 2017

If I Be Waspish, Best Beware My Sting - Lina Ramona Vitkauskas

Hello. I am a:
a. platinum wire thread,
b. legume television,
c. court skald,
d. plasmatic haphazard.

A brassica sprouts from my tonsil,
from an unclassifiable seed.

I'm the go-to girl here.
You eat with me, you know me.

Wrapped in tin, I seem less brassy,
in brass, my voice is less tinny.

I found the auditory illusion, the serum you seek:
But I can't let them know it, drink it, or think it.

I am Oppenheimer at midnight,
leaving my atoms behind on the balcony.

I grow watercress from my pale forearms.
You see me under the coverslip;

I return the can of mercury.
There it is on the counter, yet, no change.

Lina Ramona Vitkauskas (born 1973) Lithuania (lives in  Canada)
Source: Big Bridge

1 comment:

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.