three pots and a pan
I want to return home
to my three pots and a pan
my rickety bed and chair
I miss the spider hanging in the kitchen
long dead and harmless
a reminder, many things may come to pass
but not you and me.
Home is you my love
your warm smile and touch
the way your arms wrap around me
like I am your whole world
Fiercely dissolving us into one
I want to return home and swim
in the ocean of your embraces.
Batsirai E. Chigama (born 1977) Zimbabwe
Source: Iowa The International Writing Program
I want to return home
to my three pots and a pan
my rickety bed and chair
I miss the spider hanging in the kitchen
long dead and harmless
a reminder, many things may come to pass
but not you and me.
Home is you my love
your warm smile and touch
the way your arms wrap around me
like I am your whole world
Fiercely dissolving us into one
I want to return home and swim
in the ocean of your embraces.
Batsirai E. Chigama (born 1977) Zimbabwe
Source: Iowa The International Writing Program
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.