Venice masks

Sunday 17 September 2023

Lord Jesus, give me shelter - Lina Sandell

Lord Jesus, give me shelter,
hide me beneath your wings.
You are my safe protection;
to you my spirit sings.
Lord, be my light and wisdom,
my guide in paths unknown.
Fill every day and let me
live by your grace alone.

Forgive my sins and make me
as clean as whitest snow.
Your Spirit send, renew me
so you in me can grow.
Now we both great and smaller
all ask with one accord:
a night of peaceful slumber
grant us, o gracious Lord.

Lina Sandell (full name  Carolina Vilhelmina Sandell Berg) (1832 - 1903) Sweden
Translated by Erja Kuhalampi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.