Venice masks

Saturday 28 August 2021

Return to the Mother Country - MAB Elhad

There I am again, tender and dear country,
I come back to you empty handed,
But the heart rich of hope.

I am in a hurry to embrace your beautiful meadows
To tell you that no beauty is worth your wrinkles,
With joy, I will embrace them in my wander.

Farewell my exile times,
And the shadow of nostalgia
Good bye companions
Good day my islands

Long life to the Comoros,
Motherland whose name enchants me
To rejoin her makes my heart cries of joy

My happiness this evening grows
To hear the voices that are dear to me
I think again of the time spent without you
O my tender land!

MAB Elhad (Mohamed Abderemane Boina Foumou) (Born 1968) Comoros
Translated by Antoisse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.