Venice masks

Thursday 29 July 2021

Andorra: The Voice of the Mountain - Ester Fenoll García

I open my eyes
fine snowflakes
blanket Andorra
I tirelessly stroll
through wild woods
that fill my life with peace
the key
that unlocks the world to me
is hidden safely in these mountains
buried next to
the deepest roots
asleep with my oldest secrets
the sky and lakes
guard the silence of dawn
a bird undertakes its first flight
murmuring of water
gathers momentum
mirroring the blue
when snow will melt
in the month of May
it will be the season of daffodils.

Ester Fenoll García (born 1967) Andorra
Source: Capitals. A Poetry Anthology, selected by Abhay K., Bloomsbury Publishing India, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.