Venice masks

Saturday 28 December 2019

Hope - Fenny Sterenborg

Arduous days and nothing to believe in
and now even I understand the stubbornness of grief
that refuses to leave sleepless nights
so dreary and black
But sometimes morning brilliance blinds me
embraces me like a friend
and keeps me safe from the somberness
that lurks in dark corners
And I wonder if the anguish will ever subside
like stars faint and dreams diminish
as I struggle through the pain
that I know by heart

Fenny Sterenborg (born 1956) The Netherlands
Source: FENNY STERENBORG POETRY & PHOTOGRAPHY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.