Venice masks

Tuesday 29 October 2019

Drowning - Tsebo Makakole

Scared and frustrated,
Ke tšohile batsoali,1
What are they going to say,
When I tell them?
My wallet all wet,
Containing my money
And my bank account cards.

My Canon camera’s
Lens is blurry,
My Motorola leaking ink
From the inside.
Ke tlo kopa thuso joang,2
Coz I am drowning
Like a dying cat.

My lip balm filled with water
And my smart watch not working,
Manaka a eona a eme tsi!
Joalo ka pelo e sa pompeng mali.
Metsi. Metsi. Metsi.3

When I thought of my drawings,
I wanted to cry,
Coz those were the best
Pictures I had.
Ha ke nahana ho qala qalong
Mosebetsi o tloba mongata.4
Then I cried joalo ka lesea5
Straight after birth.

Ahhhhhhh!

Tsebo Makakole (born 2001) Lesotho
Source: Poéfrika

Translations (Google):
  1. I'm scared of parents
  2. How shall I cry for help,
  3. Its horns stand still!
    Like a heart that doesn't pump blood.
    Water. Water. Water.
  4. When I think of starting from scratch
    The work is going to be a lot.
  5. like a baby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.