Venice masks

Friday 23 November 2012

Are you looking for me? - Kabir

Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat.
My shoulder is against yours.
you will not find me in the stupas, not in Indian shrine
rooms, nor in synagogues, nor in cathedrals:
not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs winding
around your own neck, nor in eating nothing but
vegetables.

When you really look for me, you will see me
instantly —
you will find me in the tiniest house of time.

Kabir says: Student, tell me, what is God?
He is the breath inside the breath.

Kabir (1440 - 1518) India

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Bruce for posting ppetry regularly, I always have the intent to read more avidly and find I dont get around to it...your poetry postings I always take the time to read, yours and Paulo Coehlo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm VERY flattered. Thank You :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.