Venice masks

Friday 7 October 2011

The personal, grown-up song of Ynurti Yantune - Lyubov Nenyang

Never in my life have I taken anything
Without asking
Nor have I stolen the tiniest little thing
From anybody

Like everybody, I have shouldered life's burden
And I have always chosen the honourable path
But (I am telling this as it was) I did steal
My wife, a Yamkina by birth

This is how it was: quietly quiet,
And the blue of a clear day:
“Steal me! Take me away!”
Her heart whispered to me

And so I stole her

Lyubov Nenyang (1931 - 1996) Russia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.