Venice masks

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Fire runs through my body - Anonymous

Fire runs through my body with the pain of loving you,
pain runs through my body with the fires of my love for you.
Pain like a boil about to burst with my love for you,
consumed by fire with my love for you,
I remember what you said to me.
I am thinking of your love for me,
I am torn by your love for me.
Pain and more pain,
where are you going with my love?
I am told you will go from here.
I am told you will leave me here.
My body is numb with grief.
Remember what I said, my love.
Goodbye, my love, goodbye.

Told by an anonymous Kwakutl Indian of southern Alaska to a missionary in 1896

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.