Venice masks

Thursday 2 June 2011

They tell me to be... - Thomas Robert Hamilton-Bruce

They tell me to be a star, shining brightly for everyone to see.
I tell them I am a brick in a wall, not easily spotted.
They tell me to be a written book, everythng in life predictable.
I tell them I am blank pages, my life story always changing.
They tell me to be Atlas, holding the weight of the world on my shoulders.
I tell them I am an ant, strong but meager.
They tell me to be a bottle, holding in every emotion.
I tell them I am a door, opening only to those with my key.

Thomas Robert Hamilton-Bruce (1846 – 1899) Scotland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.