Venice masks

Wednesday 1 June 2011

The Dot - Moiso Mlingi

I have a tiny dot
with a big name in me
the HIV dot
It scares my neighbour
It stresses the young and old
I neither love nor hate it.

I refuse to magnify
this ka-dot
I will live positively
from head to toe
and back to front
I vow to use all resources
to suffocate this dot.

I shall eat well
I shall swim and dance
and you my admirer
if the dot startles you not
my love and life I shall give to you

You who beckon
death on my behalf
I got lots of sunsets to watch
I shall live until my eyes
wont see the sun rays
but my soul will fell the warmth.
Moiso Mlingi (20th century) Kenya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.