Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Fatherland - Alykul Osmonov

Dress warmer, the road with ice and snow is spread
The winter's severe, the blizzard howls at hand
Your ice chill I take upon my own head
By the road I will wait, stop awhile, my Fatherland!

The nights are bad, may misfortune your road not tread!
That is cruel, if coming, you rain your steed to a stand
Your sorrow and grief I take upon my own head
Your tracks I will seek, stop awhile, my Fatherland!

The spring is unusual, do not catch a cold, lie abed
Not long grey clouds hold back, by storm winds fanned;
Your ills and sickness I take upon my own head
Do not be sick, better that I fall sick, my Fatherland!

Alykul Osmonov (1915 - 1950) Kyrgyzstan
Source: Wikipedia

1 comment:

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you.