Venice masks

Friday 3 April 2020

Those Who I Love - Chung Ho-seung

I do not love those who do not have their shades.
I do not love those who do not love their shades.
I do love those who become the shade of the tree.
The sunlight is bright because it has its shade.
Sitting in the shade of a tree, I see the sunshine coming through the leaves.
How beautiful the world is!

I do not love those who don't have their tears.
I do not love those who do not love tears.
Pleasure is not pleasure if it does not have tears.
Sitting in the shade,
I see those who clean someone's tears.
How beautiful the world is!

Chung Ho-seung (born 1950) South Korea
Translated by Dr. Yearn Hong Choi
Source: Poetry Pacific

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.