Venice masks

Saturday 17 June 2017

I'm Your Slave, You are My Love - Nezim Frakulla

I'm your slave, you are my love,
I turn to you, my beloved,
Save me now or let me perish,
Take and choose the best solution,
I lament and am in torment,
Heavy on me lies this planet,
I to perish would prefer
And save myself from love's affliction
Yet in spite of all our anguish,
Will our lovers not address us,
We are slaves in desolation,
Let them fetch us and dispatch us.

Nezim Frakulla (also known as Nezim Berati or Ibrahim Nezimi) (c.1680 - 1760) Albania
Translated by Robert Elsie
Source: Albanian Literature

1 comment:

Please keep your comments relevant and free from abusive language. Thank you. Note that comments are moderated so it may be a day or two before your comment is posted - irrelevant or abusive comments will not be published.